ORGANIZER AND PARTNERS:
ISOS Group and Susty Pacific
Course completion provides attendees with 8.5 LEED CEUs.
Furthermore, participants benefit from receiving free copies of the GRI-LEED Linkage white paper and corresponding tool developed by ISOS and SustyPacific.
GRI LEED LINKAGE:
This online workshop provides participants with the fundamentals of using LEED Certification in conjunction with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Framework.
Since 2000, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has revolutionized the way we think about the built environment. It’s no longer innovative development firms leading the charge, but almost common practice in how new assets are designed, and existing ones are retrofitted to reduce their footprint. Many have now arrived at an important crossroad wondering, “what’s next?”
In order to showcase efforts and continue tracking performance over time, many, such as CBRE, HCP, Commonwealth Property Group, Simon Property Group and others, are linking their building environment metrics with sustainability-related metrics incorporated in Corporate Social Responsibility or Sustainability Reports.
LEADING GLOBAL FRAMEWORKS:
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the world’s leading framework for sustainability or corporate social responsibility (CSR) reporting. The GRI framework is suitable for organizations of all sizes, from all sectors, featuring sector specific metrics that can flexibly be adapted to communicate performance in key sustainability areas.
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) sets the standard for green building frameworks through the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system.
Our experienced instructors provide participants with hands-on instruction by utilizing the most up-to-date sustainability reporting framework, supplemental reporting publications and sustainability reports from leading organizations as case studies. Through these presentations and interactive learning, participants will be able to firmly grasp LEED and GRI’s sustainability reporting methodology, Disclosures/Indicators, tools and resources. They will gain the needed skillsets, expertise and credentials to pursue a career in social responsibility within organizations that focus on the built environment. They will also gain the know-how required to manage the sustainability reporting process linked with LEED standards.
By taking this training, participants will:
- Broaden their skill-sets by becoming familiar with the linkages between LEED and GRI
- Have the necessary tools to leverage LEED with GRI to improve sustainability management
- Be able to leverage previous work related to LEED and green building to develop or enhance sustainability communications and reporting
- Increase efficiencies and reduce documentation burdens of sustainability efforts by being able to directly align LEED Credits with GRI Indicator
- ISOS Group makes it its responsibility to calculate the carbon footprint of our in-person certified trainings. We encourage participants to reduce the carbon footprint of their travel and choose sustainable lodging options, as possible. In order to better estimate the offsets, we suggest that all the participants to fill out a carbon calculator at the end of our workshops.
- Registered participants who are unable to attend can postpone their attendance to a later event date or transfer placement to another person. Complete cancellations will have to be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event date in order to receive partial payment. Partial entails full payment minus $150 for processing fees and material costs. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed. If course collaborators find it necessary to cancel or postpone the event, then all registration fees will be exchanged for participation at future scheduled events.