ISOS Group, a GPM Accredited Training Partner, GRI Certified and CDP Certified Training Partner in the U.S.
Globally Recognized GPM-b Certification Course for Sustainability/CSR Project Managers:
PRiSM™ Practitioner (Projects integrating Sustainable Methods) is a hands-on project management and sustainability course that is designed to prepare individuals to improve the way they view, approach, manage and drive change. The course blends instruction with in-class case studies using real-world examples that bring project management to life in a manner that not only meets the needs of business in today’s economy but also accounts for the needs of society and the environment. PRiSM focuses on Principles, benefits, systems thinking, and competence building.
PRiSM Practitioner is designed to deepen understanding and competence in project management using an andragogical (adult learning) model. The approach blends traditional instruction with hands on exercises, simulations, and case studies to ensure retention. PRiSM Practitioner prepares participants for the GPM-b™ certification exam.
The training, based on the GPM Reference Guide to Sustainability, works to draw the correlation between effective project management and key sustainability standards, such as:
- The GPM® Reference Guide to Sustainability in Project Management
- The GPM® P5 Standard for Sustainability in Project Management
- The GPM PRiSM™ Methodology for Project Management
- The Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge
- The IPMA® International Competence Baseline V3
- The UN Global Compact Ten Principles
- The GRI G4 Reporting Framework
- The UN Post 2015 Business Engagement Architecture
- ISO Standards from a project management perspective including: ISO 21500 Guidance on Project Management, ISO 50001 The Energy Management Standard, ISO 14001 The Environmental Management Standard, ISO 9001 Principles of Quality Management, ISO 26000 Guidance on Social Responsibility, ISO 55000 Asset Management
There are no prerequisites, though it is expected that attendees will have a basic understanding of and some experience with project management and/or environmental management through their roles at work or through study. Four days of focused attention during the course, which involves a final globally recognized exam, GPM-b.
The GPM-b is a 90 minutes open-book exam, requiring candidates to respond to 150 multiple choice questions. A minimum of 75% is required to pass the GPM-b Exam and to receive a knowledge-based certification – only delivered to project managers with a specialization in sustainability integration and remains the standard by which individuals demonstrate their knowledge in Green Project Management®.
PRiSM PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION:
This course will provide participants with the confidence and know-how to fully put the PRiSM project methodology into practice, increase their value as project managers, as well as prepare them for the GPM-b Certification exam.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is for organizations or individuals requiring a sustainable approach to managing projects or aligning strategic initiatives for sustainability with projects. Common roles include Project, Program, Portfolio Managers, Sustainability Professionals, however individuals who are going to perform as a team manager or in a project/change support role will gain benefit from this course.
- Green Project Management (GPM®) is the only international project management professional development organization with a sole focus on sustainability. It is a social enterprise with operations in Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East with an outreach to 50+ countries. The three core areas of GPM are Methodology (PRiSMTM Framework), Training (PRiSMTM Integrations, Foundation, and Practitioner training), and Certification (GPM-b, GPM, GPM-m).
- Registered participants who are unable to attend can postpone their attendance to a later event date or transfer placement to another person. Complete cancellations will have to be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event date in order to receive partial payment. Partial entails full payment minus $150 for processing fees and material costs. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed. If course collaborators find it necessary to cancel or postpone the event, then all registration fees will be exchanged for participation at future scheduled events.